Hey Ninja Scholar Skills class! I'm super excited about this class! Mrs. Prestegard and I are planning some great things for your Ninja year!
The class is divided into units and as mentors, we're taking turns teaching them. Each unit is about 4 weeks long and has fun requirements and some homework. There will be some writing. Most of the 6 units also have a book that your student will need. If they complete all the requirements, they can earn fun Ninja weapons or tools.
Our booklist for the Scholar level Ninja Scholar Skills class:
The Elements of Style (4th Edition) by Strunk & White. This is a great resource for writing. I found a copy at Half Price Books and there was another on the shelf when I bought mine.
Whatever Happened to Penny Candy by Richard Maybury. Available on Amazon used books, and in some library systems. Great book to simply explain economics.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. Such a good book! ***I have an extra copy that someone is welcome to buy for me for $3.
Secrets of Mental Math: The Mathemagician's Guide to Lightning Calculation and Amazing Math Tricks by Arthur Benjamin. Available on Amazon or fairly readily in local libraries.
We're going to have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment